Wooldale Community Centre was original Wooldale Local Board Elementary School. A ceremony for laying the foundation stone was held on July 13th 1878 during the proceedings a bottle containing a copy of the School book, the Huddersfield Chronicle, Huddersfield Examiner, programme of the day and a parchment memorandum detailing the events of the day, was placed under the stone.
The School was closed in 1976 and the premises became the Wooldale Community Centre.
In 1977 a group of local residents formed the Wooldale Community Association which then became a registered charity as it still is today.
Please follow, like and share: